39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, July 19, 2004

It's my hobby, you know

There is a sale at my local favourite shoe shop at the moment. I went on Saturday with my 9 year old daughter and tried my hardest to find a pair I vaguely liked. I tried almost all of them from size 39 - 41 (I have no pride, and I was getting desperate.)

I don't need new shoes, I want new shoes.

I have hundreds of shoes/boots/slippers, I really don't have room for the ones I've got, but I wanted more. I needed more. I couldn't find any for me at all, so I did the next best thing and bought my daughter some.

My husband thinks its an obssession, but its not, it's my hobby, you know.

|

5 Comments:

At 4:56 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Hmmm, most of them are too high to be comfortable so they hardly get worn at all. Some I never really liked in the first place but they were a real 'bargain'. Many are too beautiful to wear outside, in case they get damaged.

The remaining 5 pairs I wear in strict rotation.

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger zoe said...

i used to luuuuuuuurve shoes - i still do. if i had the money i'd still be buying 3 pairs at a time. as it happens i have one pair of shoes for spring/summer and a pair of dockers for the entire winter.

(plus one pair of sandals and one pair of 'interview' shoes. these are rarely worn.)

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Hate to show my ignorance, but what are 'Dockers'? (apart from men who used to have jobs in Hull)

 
At 8:25 pm, Blogger Mick Flynn Images said...

Don't talk to me about ladies shoes!
My wife (Emelda) is driving me mad looking for shoes for our son's wedding, but surely they are all the same.
P.S. where's Leeds-ish?

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger kissme said...

Leeds-ish?

Well I was born in Leeds and lived there most of my life apart from 6 months on the Norfolk broads (don't ask). I live almost equi-distant to Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate and Skipton.

I work in Leeds.

I have a Leeds postcode.

I pay my rates to Bradford.

Leeds-ish seemed the most appropriate.

(New car, new car, new car)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home