39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Paul killed my big fish

Been away on holiday to Ibiza. Very hot, very humid, very obnoxious kids (and husband.) But I managed to have a reasonaly good time.

Despite Paul trying to sabotage it - twice.

First he lent me some books to read. I took 4 with me. I read the first one. Awful, simply awful. The worst book I have ever, ever read. Kinky Friedman, can't remember what the book was called - don't go there ever, I'm begging you. It was only about 5 pages thick and on every page he was 'cradling the blower', 'going for a Nixon' and referring to 'Peruvian (or was it Bolivian? who knows, who cares) marching powder' at least 5 or 6 times.

Terrible. The author's family must own a printing press or have the publisher by the short and curlies cos I have no idea why anyone would volunteer to publish such a load of crap.

Then he killed the fish. The biggest fish - must have been one hell of a fight, that fish was huge. Didn't even break the news gently. Just a rather callous text.

Then I read another of the books he lent me 'The Time Traveller's Wife' - absolutely beautiful, and normally I hate love stories.

I have forgiven him for the fish, but not that dire book.

|

1 Comments:

At 3:50 am, Anonymous Chicken Recipes said...

I enjoyed reading tthis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home