39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Mid-life crisis.

I'm getting a new car tomorrow. I'm aware this is showing off, but I've never had a new car before and I'm quite excited.

After driving for 22 (plus vat) years secondhand cars that I keep for ages and ages (this one 6 years, one before 11 years) I was quite giddy when my husband agreed to let me have one with only minimal nagging.

On the other hand, what the hell have I done? Why have I committed to spend so much of my hard earned dosh when my other car was perfectly fine, old, admittedly, but fine.

The ashtray wasn't even full.


|

3 Comments:

At 4:41 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Ha, if I show you it, you'll only laugh. Its not that grand, in the grand scheme of things, its only special to me. And nippy. I like 'em nippy.

I'd love an Aston Martin but they're really not girlie cars, which is, of course, the only reason I didn't get one.

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Mick Flynn Images said...

Have fun with your new car.
I was in the same boat as you, always (happily) had bangers, then bought a new car, and the first day, some 'chav' knicked the badge of the back at Tesco's.

 
At 12:25 am, Blogger kissme said...

Thanks for the warning. I'll never go to the supermarket again. No great loss!

Getting a bit nervous now, only 9 hours 35 minutes to go. How pathetic am I at 39 (plus vat) years old

 

Post a Comment

<< Home