39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Lost weekend

This weekend has been one of those lovely, indulgent summer weekends.

I tried my best to only do what I wanted to do (apart from doing laundry, I can't avoid laundry for 2 days or it takes me weeks to catch up).

We had lots of people to stay on Saturday night, we had lots of wine and lots of laughs. Everyone was in a lovely summery mood and I was as happy as a happy thing.

And then my mum and dad called round (not actually to see me, but to see my sister). My sister and friend were still there and we were sat in the garden trying to recover with coffee and ciggies and water and my mum went off on one. She told me off about the state of my house, the behaviour of my children and my outfit (vest top and denim skirt to sit in the garden??) amongst other things. And what on earth was I thinking about getting drunk at my age, I'm such a disgrace.

What gets me is, why does she always manage to upset me? I'm 39 (plus vat) for chrissake. I AM old enough to decide how I want to live, surely. Why can't I stand up to her firmly, but politely, and point this out to her? Because if I do, she bursts into tears and accuses everyone of picking on her.

She eventually buggered off, and to spite her (and frighten the neighbours) I sunbathed topless and then went to the pub. That'll teach her.

|

2 Comments:

At 5:31 pm, Blogger zoe said...

my aliens are exactly the same, although it's mainly my father and i can't get a word in edgeways. so i've stopped seeing or talking to them and after 3 years of silence, i've never felt better.

 
At 10:35 am, Blogger kissme said...

My dad is the loveliest man in the world. I love my dad to bits and can spend hours and hours with him.

If it wasn't for him then I wouldn't bother seeing my mum at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home