39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Let's go fly a kite

On the way to the supermarket yesterday we passed someone flying a kite. I've never been tempted before but this time it looked liked fun, and I said so. My daughter said we had a kite at home (how come I have no idea about the contents of my house?) so we decided we would go fly a kite when we got back.

It took my old man about 4 attempts to assemble the kite (which was un-opened on the living room floor and apparently had been for a very long time) and eventually he read the instructions and manged to put it together properly.

It was a pretty cheap one made of plastic and bits of wood that wouldn't stay where they were supposed to, so I had to reassemble it by the time we'd walked the short distance to the playing field.

Our attempts were pathertic, it kept falling apart. If I wasn't shouting at her, she was shouting at me, but I really enjoyed it. And the other couple on the field that had a proper kite, that actually went in the air, seemed to be having a good time without yelling at each other.

Now I am glued to eBay and hoping my bid of £1.25 will get me that easy-to-fly kite, only an hour to go. I'm also watching some more impressive ones and might indulge in one of those too - or maybe not.

You see, I'm well aware that if I do buy a kite then our windy valley will become the calmest place on earth. A bit like when I eventually bought the kids a sledge 7 years ago, instead of dragging them round in a plastic storage crate with the greasy old tow-rope tied round it, and since then we haven't had enough snow to stop a sledge grating on the paths.

Global warming? Nope, it's the items I buy that are changing the climate.

|

2 Comments:

At 2:52 pm, Blogger zoe said...

just buy a tesco's bag and use that. other people do - only £100+ on Ebay!

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger kissme said...

That's what I was bidding for - only joking, I'm not that daft/sensible. I'd forgotten all about that and it did amuse me at the time.

I got it for £2.46 (I'm such a flash cow) but now you've reminded me I might make Ysabella use a carrier bag while I show off with my lovely new kite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home