39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Spawn of the devil

Yesterday was day 3 of the summer holidays for my kids.

My son (12) is threatening to run away from home because he hates us all (why do you hate us? I just do) I think it's because he's grounded until Saturday morning. He's grounded because I found a packet of my cigarettes in his pocket. (Don't state the obvious, I know I shouldn't be smoking either, but you can't get valium on prescription any more and alcohol makes me feel a bit dodgy when consumed in quantity night after night after night.) It was his second offence of this kind and I don't think a a 48 hour grounding makes me the worst mother in the world.

My husband (mental age of 10) is threatening to leave home because he says he has no authority over the kids, so why should he bother to stay.

My daughter (9) is demanding I buy her a new cover for her mobile (ok, that's not such an issue, but it's the way she demands things)

We have to get through a lot more summer holiday before they go back to school. Happy days.

When people ask me why I hate summer so much, I know I don't need to ask them if they have children.

|

2 Comments:

At 11:42 am, Blogger zoe said...

snigger.snort.chuckle.

my babies finally come home on saturday :) todd has threatened to leave home on several occasions and live with his father forever. despite my encouragement he's never even made it to the frontdoor, the wuss. he once threatened to call child focus which had me in stitches as child focus is for missing children.

he does try though.

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Ysabella once packed all her knickers and a box of dried cat food when she 'left' home.

That kid is a bit odd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home