39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, October 31, 2005

41.702127659574468085106382978723 plus VAT

It's Halloween. Sorry, but I just can't get on with this 'celebration' at all. I buy the sweets, I smile at the kids - hell I even dressed as a fairy in a bright pink fairy dress complete with wand, wings and tiara and trailed round the streets with my daughter a couple of years back - but I just don't get it at all. But Happy Halloween to those of you that do.

More importantly, yesterday was Jonathan's birthday. He is now 41.702127659574468085106382978723 plus VAT. So it's one of the (last few) big ones next year.

I was shopping with Ysabella in a cheap shop that sells cheap DVD sets. 'Go choose one for your dad's birthday,' said I.

She came back with a 3 pack of Tom Cruise's (DVDs, not stomach muscles) 'Does your dad want these?' 'Don't think so' she said.

'Brilliant - they'll do fine.' I said - much to the amusement of the shop assistant, but hey, we've been together for 25 of my birthdays and 24 Christmas's andI think he's only managed to buy me presents I wanted about 5 times out of the 49 present-buying occasions (no, I get sod all for Valentine's day). This birthday I asked for one CD, he got me a single CD, a double CD and a triple CD - none of which were the one I wanted.

'Err, thank you,' said Jonathan when I gave him his lovely present (unwrapped, price still on), and being as sensitive as ever he then asked 'Why did you get me these?'

'Isn't it what you wanted?' I asked as sweetly as possible,

'Well, no, not really' says he.

'Oh good!'

|

1 Comments:

At 6:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear kissme, isn't the internet amazing? I was out looking for info and sites related to vat and the search put up your post '41.702127659574468085106382978723 plus VAT'. Whilst it's not dead on what I was looking for I can certainly see why it came up when I searched on 'vat ' and other terms. Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by. Bye for now and thanks for a good read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home