39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, October 10, 2005

And now for something completely different

I am still supporating, but, as Imogen pointed out, it IS self inflicted and now is the time to stop wallowing in self-pity and tell you what else I've been doing.

Well, this is my 3rd week at university. I am a full-time mature student, and so is Jonathan. Emphasis on the mature. Most of the mature students there are about 25 - 29, so we are old enough to be the 'mature' students' parents - and, probably, some of the lecturers' too. It is quite funny really cos we've had a lot of double-takes from lecturers, and I even got called down to the front in one lecture to represent the labour force (which will be hilarious to anyone who knows me.)

I'm sure he called me down to the front cos he wanted to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him and I really was as old as he thought I was. To oblige him further I staggered down, bent double, to the front, so he's probably wondering why he has this 90 year old taking Economic Awareness when really I should be concentrating on choosing my nursing home.

Anyway, he obviously respects his elders cos he came over to us outside while I was enjoying the sunshine (hasn't the weather been fabulous) and Jonathan was having a fag (filthy habit) and said he hoped I didn't mind him picking on me. Awww, bless. He's very sweet, we enjoyed his lecture, he's quite cute AND he is younger than me - by one year.

We're struggling with keeping up with the reading for a variety of reasons. I have mostly been wiped out by the effort of getting to lectures and have flaked out in bed most afternoons, and Jonathan has been doing everything - and I mean everything - including re-decorating Ysabella's bedroom and assembling a compete set of new furniture, which hasn't left him a lot of time. Hopefully it'll all sort itself out a bit better now I'm feeling a bit more human.

The thing that's amused me most recently was having my first legitimate pint in the Students' Union - at the ripe old age of 47. Oh, and the look on the assitant's face in Dorothy Perkin when I claimed my 15% student discount was pretty funny too.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home