39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

A question of balance

I know some people say that the key to a happy life is all a question of balance, but for me these last 3 weeks the crappy side of my scales have been really dragging along the ground. Here are a few things that have happened:

On the negative side....

1) I have been made redundant
2) I have been really concerned about a close friend and all the crap they are having to go through (I found it very upsetting)
3) I have been to a funeral
4) I have to sign on
5) I lost a diamond earring
6) I broke a gold bracelet
7) I have done mountains of washing to get everything up-to-date (see 3 below)
7) My son emptied his locker at school and brought home 2 washer loads of washing including items I can't even remember (see 3 below)
8) My son broke his wrist last night. Prat, prat, PRAT
9) Because of this, we may have to cancel our holiday
10) It's my leaving do tonight and I really don't want to go

On the positive side....

1) I have been made redundant
2) I had a fabulous long weekend in London
3) I'm supposed to go on holiday on Saturday
4) My diamond earring was found

I know in the grand scheme of things I shouldn't whinge, but I like whinging, so there. It's Cheltenham week this week, and I'm not a gambler but I usually have one bet a year for Cheltanham. Don't think I'll bother this time.

I'll just flush my fiver straight down the loo.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home