39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Well, well, well

Yesterday I was given notice of redundancy. What a huge surprise - not.

After a year of having nothing to do at all, the only surprise is that it took them so long to get round to it. And there is one other surprise, the fact that they think they don't have to pay me the government legal minimum. My boss seems to think that if they pay me my contractual 3 month notice period then they don't have to pay the 6 weeks redundancy pay - oh, and of course they don't have to honour accrued holiday.

ACAS thinks different.

I'm going to take the opportunity (when I do eventually manage to get out of here) to tidy the house (no really, I am,) paint my toenails and rip all the hairs out of my legs.

The main problem in all this is that seeing as Jonathan's business ceased trading on 31st December he sees this as a great opportunity to do something together. God help me.

You know they say opposites attract, well in a lot of ways Jonathan and I are very similar, two of everything down the sides and one of everything down the middle (thank you APW.) But in matters of work we are totally, totally different. I'd end up murdering him in the first 3 days.

To avoid this happening, or even discussions about it, I'm really going to have get a job, any job, fast.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home