39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wallowing

I'm wallowing in self pity.

Not only is my back still not better (it has improved, but it's not right yet) but I now have a very snotty cold. I spent all day Sunday and Monday sneezing which wasn't great when my back was already painful.

And I have a big pimple on my chin.

It was Theo's 13th birthday yesterday. He was so very, very exicited, which was sweet, but I found it quite depressing really. It's not so much that I have to acknowledge I'm getting older cos I don't have a problem with that. But my baby is growing up. Next thing I know he'll be leaving home and that will be very sad - from where I'm standing now.

However, we have yet to suffer the full throes of puberty and hormones and I was wondering if that's mother nature's little way of making you glad to see the back of your kids when they leave home. Come to think of it, it will be really nice to reclaim his bedroom as the guest room.

Is it too soon to start packing his things?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home