39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Well bugger me sideways.......

I have discovered I have something I never thought I had. Willpower. No really, I set myself a target and reached it.

My target was no boozy lunches or clothes shopping for 3 days, and I managed it. Three days. Count them. Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday.

And how did I manage this miracle. Well firstly, I got pissed enough for the preceeding evenings so that I had rotten headaches all three mornings. Secondly, I didn't get dressed until (way) after lunchtime - which was pretty good considering I still managed to take Ysabella to school on Tuesday morning (thank heaven for big coats and sunglasses and a talent for driving in my slippers.) Finally, I bought, and read, a 600+ page book to fill in the hours when Price Drop TV just got too much to bear (has anyone ever bought anything from that channel?)

I always knew my destiny was as a lady of leisure, but I always thought it would be bolstered by several squillion pounds to ensure my comfort and keep me in handbags. Still this is a pretty close second.

However tomorrow I am busy, busy, busy. I have to sign on at 10.30, have a quick nuke on a sunbed after that, meeting one of my many large-breasted, double-barrelled Lyndas for lunch, shower, change and leg it into Leeds to meet Marie for a spot of dunner and a small sweet sherry.

Note to self, Thursday: get dressed BEFORE lunchtime..........

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home