39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Practice makes perfect

After 18+ weeks off over the summer (it's bloody great being a student) I have to go back on Monday. At 9.00am. For fuck's sake. And, and then I don't finish until 5.30pm. Shocking......but I do have 10-2 off.

Anyways, to make sure I'm a proper scratty student I have been relearning the art of drinking cider again. I thought, when I went on to Pernod at 14, my cider drinking days were well and truly behind me. After all, I am now of an age where I am too old to drink cheap wine let alone cider, and my favourite local bar doesn't even stock Smirnoff vodka cos it's too common so I have to drink some Bison vodka (which is really rather nice in a weird smoky-flavour way.)

But no, those nice people that make Magners decided it should be served over ice and lo, another convert was born. I could only drink one 568ml bottle to start with but now, after some serious training, I can fit in more.

Yesterday I managed four. What a result.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home