39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My mum has a weird thing

....she cuts articles out of newspapers which she feels are relevant to me and my sisters. She has handbags full of the bloody things.

Usually she gets it so wrong, doling out totally irrelevant articles of no interest to anyone, but just occasionally she gets it right.

At the moment I'm very concerned that in the very, very near future I will have to sleep with a very old man.

This is the problem with our wedding anniversay being so close to Jonathan's birthday. They're only 7 days apart so there isn't a decent interval for me to celebrate one and then find and run off with a young man, before the other.

At our 'do' on Sunday my mum gave me another of her ubiquitous newspaper cuttings which I found earlier today.

It was from the Daily Mail and written by one of their regular writers, Jill Parkin, who just happened to be in my class at school. I could say how mean she was to me on my first day, but I won't.

Anyway this article was basically about being married to an older man. And her husband is 15 years older than her. He's bloody 63. Oh. My. God.

So I shall hold this thought when I get into bed a week on Sunday that when I wake up my 'old' man will still be a relatively young buck at 50.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home