39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

All done and dusted

Obviously not literally cos dusting is housework and that's pants and I don't bother with that.

But Christmas is all over (in case you hadn't noticed) for another year. Thank goodness.

Jonathan excelled himself again spending a whole £6.50 on something I wanted (Chris Moyles book - half price), and a couple(literally) more quid on stuff I really didn't want at all.

Leona Lewis (X-factor winner) new single? Hello!!!!! Why would I want that? I don't like ballads, I don't like that genre of female singers. I grant you she has a fabulous voice but I also appreciate Leonard Cohen is a poet and I still wouldn't want anything of his.

He complains I never give him any clues.

This year for the first time, I printed of a Christmas list of ideas, at my family's behest, it wasn't greedy (I don't think) and it wasn't excessive for 3 people to pick things off.

4 CDs
1 DVD
2 Books

Theo got me 2 of the CDs - thank you, that's lovely sweetie x x

Jonathan got me one of the books - thank you.

And then he got me 2 CDs I didn't want (including the Leona Lewis one) and a book I didn't want.

Why? Why does he do this year after year after year?

Then he sulks because I look bewildered while I struggle to work out why he's bought me these things. I'm mean for the same amount of (very little) outlay he could have got me the other book I wanted, or the DVD, or the Scissor Sisters CD and then I would have been delighted at a) my gift and b) that he'd actually bothered to listen and taken into account my taste and request.

And that's what hurts the most. He doesn't bother to listen. And he hasn't bothered over the last 25 years to notice my taste in things.

I bought him (amongst other stuff) some Levis - he'll only have zip flies so a bit trickier to get these days. He opened them, he looked delighted, He said 'how did you know I wanted some?' To which I replied, 'Well for the last couple of months you've been saying you need some Levis and you don't know where to get them from. I listened to what you wanted, and I put effort into finding some.'

He went to the supermarket on the 23rd and got whatever was kicking around, basically. One year all (3 of) my gifts came from Sainsbury's Homebase, bought at 4.00pm on Christmas Eve - well that's what it said on the receipt that was in with one gift (maybe the burger fridge magnet?)

I don't want vast amounts of cash spending on me, what I would really like is just a little bit of thought and effort.

To add insult to injury my sister gave me an apron I'd given her husband last year. Did she think I wouldn't notice?

An elephant never forgets.........

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home