39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I told a lie..

...on Zoe's blog.

I didn't mean to. I said I didn't clean and now I remember that after clearing a shelf in one of the kitchen cupboards I wiped it with a bit of wet kitchen roll. Bloody filthy it was too. My mother-in-law used to empty all her kitchen cupboards every week and clean them inside and out.

My mother used to iron everything except tights (well she ironed the woolly kids sort) even though bras, especially, had Do Not Iron written inside them. The elastic in them used to melt after 2 wash/iron cycles. I don't iron at all. Jonathan does the kids school shirts and everything else I wash and dry very carefully so that it doesn't crease.

I have cooked (properly - from raw stuff) about 6 times this month, which is a record since I gave up all that crap.

But it wasn't always that way.

When I first got married I cleaned the house from top to bottom every week alternating skirting boards and windows every other week. I did all the washing and ironing. I did all the supermarket shopping. I did all the cooking. I worked full-time. I earned the most money.

Boy, was life shit.

Then, one Sunday evening I was doing the weekly ironing and I really wasn't well. Jonathan offered to finish it off for me. The shock nearly killed me, but I handed over and he did the last 2 items (yes, he timed it brilliantly). I was so mad when I saw that, not only did he do it in half the time I did it, he did it better than I did it. We had been married 5 years and 10 months before he'd offered to do any housework.

The bastard!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home