39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy birthday Val

- cheating a bit here cos her birthday isn't until tomorrow. Yes that's right, her birthday is Valentine's Day and her name is Valentine. How imaginative of her parents.

Haven't seen her for ages, not since I worked in Southend (now that WAS a bizarre experience for a Yorkshire lass) as she was living in Romford. I used to go over on Wednesday for dinner and a chat.

I met Val when I was at school and worked at Littlewoods on a Saturday. In the Food Hall. It was horrible. She started one week and I was asked to look after her and show her the ropes (actually, I had to show her the bacon). She'd recently moved to Leeds from Worksop and amazingly we had mutual friends (from Worksop College). We hit it off straight away. We both liked getting pissed and boys. Not necessarily in that order.

She was at Leeds College of Music and eventually got round to another boyfriend called John. They eventually married and went on to have 4 lovely girls.

They became very churchified after they got married and John became pretty much holier than thou. It made me chuckle inside when he used to tell me off for swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain and talking about 'inappropriate' things in general. This really made me laugh cos he obviously had a very short memory. But I don't.

I remember what they used to get up to in the practice rooms!!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home