39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wasn't it pretty?

The lunar eclipse, that is.

March already, how bloody scary. I can barely remember it's 2007, I'm sticking a bit on 2002.

So what have I been doing these last few days? Well drinking too much wine, and then sleeping it off, mostly. Did the Friday lunch thang, then came home and had a small nap - for 4 1/2 hours!

I went to the cinema on Wednesday. I hate going to the cinema, but Andrea-the-Viking made me go. We usually go out to get pissed but this time she insisted on the cinema. When we were having a pre-show pile of pasta she said 'Do you know, the last time we went to the cinema was to see The Full Monty!' I said 'Well that's cos I hate going to the cinema, why do we have to go?' Andrea-the-Viking is obviously an even more boring old fart than me cos she said 'I thought we should do something different cos usually we just go out and get pissed.'

And what's wrong with that? If we hadn't been going out and getting pissed in Otley and then hijacking some poor unsuspecting passenger and 'sharing' his taxi to Ilkley, she would never have met her husband in the dive of all dives - the Trav (RIP).

So there I was in a sulky mood cos not only did I have to do the sitting still for an eternity in the dark, but I was too weak-willed to avoid the carb-ladened pasta. And then we made our way to the cinema.

We were in screen 7. For those of you unfamiliar to the Vue in Leeds Light there is the reception area with some screens, and then escalators and a lift up to a sort of half way floor. The lift stops here but there are 2 separate escalators up to the next level where the screens are. And they were both going down. So I had to walk up a flight of stairs. Not exactly a tragedy, but with my manky knee it was pretty painful.

When I got to the top I rather ungraciously said the the ticket collecting girl 'How hilarious that BOTH escalators are going down - how great when you've got a cartilage-free knee.'

When we came out both escalators were switched OFF. And walking down stairs is no easier for me at the moment. I was bloody seething. In fact it's only today, 3 days later, that my unmanky knee has stopped hurting cos I think I strained the muscles in my 'good' leg. I hate this getting old and everything dropping to bits.

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson and next time I go out with Andrea-the-Viking we are getting pissed whether she likes it or not.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home