39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Absent friends

Haven't heard from Kevin for ages but he rang me on Wednesday evening to tell me that Scotty had died that morning.

He died, unexpectedly, from a pulmonary embolism.

I was shocked, and heartbroken, and angry, and upset, and all the other stuff that people feel at times like this.

But then Jonathan and I spent a lot of time over the next few evenings remembering Scotty. And there was a lot to remember.

Scotty brought a massive amount of fun to our lives. He was also a moody bugger, who was a total law unto himself. But he was a lovely, kind, and generous man and that's why he was godfather to both our kids. Last time I spoke to him was when I rang him to invite him to our Silver Wedding do, but he was busy and couldn't (or wouldn't - one never quite knew) come.

There are so many anecdotes I could bore you with, but I won't. But one period I will always remember fondly was our Sunday breakfast club. Scotty, or Jonathan and I, would make a huge breakfast, or, better still we would go to the Lakeside Cafe in Roundhay Park.

Debbie and I would walk up to the shop, buy the papers and walk down to the cafe, Jonathan would walk the direct route and Scotty would drive up - fashionably late. And then we'd have a full English overlooking the lake, on the terrace in good weather, inside if not. After breakfast we'd often do something totally stupid like the time we drove to Bradford to see the key locations for the film Rita, Sue and Bob Too, when Scotty screeched to a halt and made us take a photo of him outside Luna Cars. Ok, so you had to be there - but it was funny at the time.

We'll miss you John Anthony Scott x x

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home