39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

They're not buried under the patio

they've both gone for sleepovers, which left Jonathan and I to DO WHATEVER WE WANTED for the night.

This happened a while back and we were so disorganised that our plans to escape the village for the night were totally thwarted (great word!) and we ended up at the usual 2 pubs at the end of the road. I mean, we did have a very good (and drunken) night, it's just that we didn't get very far.

So, last night we had had a bit more notice that we were getting rid of both little darlings. Not that this helped in the slightest, cos we were still 'discussing' where to go at 7.30. Eventually, we decided to go to Korks in Otley for dinner. Despite being in Otley, the food is great, the ambience is great, we know the owner and, all being well, we could get back to Burley for last orders.

Walking up towards the bus stop, we watched as it sailed by. Bugger. So we called in the teeny, tiny pub opposite the stop to down a swift drink before the next bus.

When we returned to the stop, I thought it might be a good idea to book a table so I rang Korks. FULL - what?? How dare you bugger up our plans like that! I did consider ringing Chris (the owner) on his mobile to ask if he could squeeze us in, but thought that might be a bit cheeky.

So we decided to stay in Burley and go to the Queens for dinner. As we walked down, I gave them a ring. 'Sorry we're full.' WHAT THE F**K?? I really felt like saying 'Do you know who this is?' but thought maybe I wasn't quite A-list enough to pull that one, so, cheeky or not, I text Hennie (joint owner) and whinged to him.

'Give me 10 minutes, then come down,' he said. So we did, and had a lovely dinner - as usual (you really must try the Queens Head in Burley in Wharfedale, if you want the number to book a table just ask me).

Proving once again, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Thanks Henners x x

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home