39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Small, cute, furry and very, very DEAD

Ok, so it's been a gazillion years since I last blogged.

But I've been really, really busy with these exams (and other crappy stuff) which I did last Wednesday, then I had to do my getting-drunk-to-get-over-the-trauma for a day or two. And now I'm going to be wrapped up with the next pile of shite due in in 2 weeks.

But hey ho - let's go - as the Ramones once said.

Anyways - my life has been very typically my life and stuff has been going on. For example:

Ambulance came to our house for Ysabella last night - she's ok, but we were a bit scared by the massive lump on her head. I wouldn't have called an ambulance, just taken her to casualty but her friend dialled 999 and then they turned up. Had to do the decent thing and not drink, just in case she deteriorated and needed taking to hospital. She didn't. Lump receded thanks to frozen peas - and she didn't get any sense knocked into her. She ran into a railing. I can't believe it - she ran? Like, when did that ever happen before??

However, a funny thing happened on the way to the..........

It wasn't on the way to anywhere, it was when I got there. In the library, at uni.

There was Sarah and Nic and I doing a team meeting thingy in the library at Leeds Met. We'd finished our team meeting and they were getting ready to go, but I was staying on to so some Business Tax revision (yes, really.) So they were packing up and I got my Bus Tax file out and decided I would go for a fag before I got down to it, so decided to spread my stuff out to 'claim' my place. Once everything was arranged, I thought I'd take the important stuff with me (phone, memory stick and purse) when I popped outside. So, still chatting, I leant over to get these things and I looked down and screamed.

Now, I'm not squeamish but the sight of a small rodent slightly - no, mostly - dead, wedged IN my file did make me jump - a bit. But then I started to laugh.

So, everyone in the library fell silent and I was laughing like a hyena. I couldn't explain, just point. Eventually Sarah and Nic noticed and after a slight yelp they were laughing too. Some young blokes wandered over to see what was going on and one of them ran off screaming "it's a rat, it's a rat" - what a big BABY!

Anyway, after about 15 minutes, I regained my composure, wrapped it up like a badly wrapped boiled sweet in a piece of scrap paper and dumped it in the bin.

So I'd just like to thank my lovely black cat for the little pressie - oh yes, Houditoo (don't ask!) I know it was you.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home