39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Chinigans

Now, I know this simply will not translate to black and white, because it was one of those occasions when you had to be there, but..........

I live in a small village, which is very near a small market town - the sort of place where everyone knows everyone else - and I went out with some girl friends on Saturday night.

One of them is having husband troubles and they are currently living apart, but trying to sort things out, meeting up, going out together etc etc. Anyway, this friend L, went to a birthday party with her husband J on Friday night. L was driving, and one of them ended up offering this other 'couple' (its an on/off relationship - but they are well suited) a lift home (who coincidentally live next door to another of the girls we were out with)

Now this 'couple' are well weird anyway - but not in a cute or amusing way - and what happened only served to prove the point.

They arrived at G's house, and popped in for coffee - like you do. G's girlfriend was saying 'put Chinigans on', and, in all fairness, apparently G was saying something to the effect that no-one would want to see it. But she nagged him into submission and he put this video on.

Now, the funny bit for me is L's face as she is telling me this story. And you have to picture some nice, pretty lady's face with a mixture of horror and incredulity on it, as she said (with actions)

'.....and it was this video of them sticking spots on their chins and singing stupid songs in stupid voices, but you could only see them from the mouth down, and G's girlfriend was peeing herself laughing and I couldn't believe my eyes, so I stuck it for a few minutes and then I said "you do realise I am completely sober and in the morning you will be really embarrassed that we have seen this, or at least you should be" and then I looked over at J who was looking a bit frightened by the whole thing so we left - quickly'

Well, I laughed and laughed so much I nearly wet myself. And L laughed and laughed too, and given her recent problems, and mine, it was simply the best thing that could happen.

And the added bonus? I'll never be able to look at these two any more without remembering and laughing again.

|

2 Comments:

At 10:16 am, Blogger Elspeth said...

Oh. My. God.

You just couldnt make this stuff up could you.

Unreal - Im laughing my head off at it.

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Erm, no I haven't Debbie - although I have a collection of pictures of me and my loved ones with false moustaches......... I can send them on if you like

 

Post a Comment

<< Home