39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Shop 'til you.....

....lose the will to live?

Did I tell you I was on a diet? Yes, of course I did. I try not to go on about it too much, but it has been mentioned. Well my diet has gone pretty well, considering, and I have lost around 32 lbs (14.5kg) and gone down 2 dress sizes.

Six weeks ago I had a clear out and sent a load of clothes that were too big to char-i-dee. Well, I must have shrunk a bit more because loads of clothes are too big for me again so I have cleared out 2 bin-bags more, including 13 skirts.

Now, I can go to work dressed like a tramp if I want (and usually do) but occasionally I have to dress up when clients are involved.

I have managed to replace my black smart trousers with some that fit like a dream in really great fabric that doesn't crease and hangs beautifully. But can I bollocks to buggery find a nice black skirt. It's doing my head in and any man that thinks a woman actually likes shopping at times like these wants his bumps feeling.

Oh there are black skirts out there, but they are horrible. There are pin-stripe and self-stripe, skirts that don't cover your knickers or chop your legs off at mid-calf length. There are skirts made of material that smells very chemically and weird, and some made of material that sets your teeth on edge when you touch them. There are tweed skirts so thick that they could stand up on there own, and so scratchy you could wear them to do penance.

I don't think I'm being extra fussy but I just want a plain black skirt, made of nice crease-proof material, must be lined and about an inch above the knee.

That's all. Nothing special.

|

5 Comments:

At 12:22 am, Blogger Elspeth said...

I can totally relate to that! I went out looking for a black top and skirt for work, but I needed maternity wear. Think its impossible!

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Marks & Sparks. They make multitudinous lengths of skirts and trousers. And their suits are generally quite work suitish without silly twiddly bits that go out of fashion next week. Though you may have fight through a torrent of grannies to get to anything.

 
At 4:14 pm, Blogger zoe said...

i always thought marks and sparks were god's answer to all my 'smart clothing' woes. and then they went and bloody well left the country.

it's levi's 501's all the way for me now.

 
At 7:04 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Well, I may have lost weight but I'm still a bloody odd shape, and good old M&S doesn't cater for bloody odd shapes.

I must be the only person that cannot get a bra to fit there at all.

Having said that, that's the one place I haven't looked so will probably give it a go.

 
At 3:12 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Well I did BHS this lunchtime. That's a waste of time.

One black skirt in the length I want. They had the size bigger than I wanted, and the size smaller, but the material was so awful I didn't bother asking if they had one in the stock room.

Looks like M&S is my last hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home