39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Broken my duck

Well the last 2 Mondays I managed to not drink any alcohol but I had a large vodka today at 11.50 AM and have had 2 large Baileys this evening.

I started so early cos it was my last Granny's funeral this morning and we were going to Bryan's for fish and chips afterwards but it wasn't open when we arrived so we popped to the pub next door. Like you do. Which is why I ended up having a large vodka and slimline tonic. It's a very bad habit - I simply can't help myself, I get to the bar and the words just tumble out of my mouth without thinking. Ho hum.

I can't think of any excuse for the Baileys. No idea why I started drinking it cos it's so very sweet, apart from the fact that I went to Tesco in search of cheap Chablis (well expensive Chablis at a good price) but they'd sold out and ended up with a litre of Baileys for £9.88 - bargain, 4 bottles of Cava to make me burp and a bottle of Champagne. Well, of course, I just had to sample the Baileys in case I had a duff bottle.

Going back to the Bryan's reference. Harry Ramsden's fish and chips are minging, they really are, and bloody expensive, but Bryan's fish and chips are simply the best. So if you're in the Leeds are do try them (ask for the fish without skin.)

Anyway, Ellen Thurlwell RIP x x x x

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home