39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Blackpool survived

And so did I, despite the amount of alcohol I consumed. (I now realise what a blessing it was that my blog from a few days ago disappeared cos it seems that 'you know who you are's new nickname for me would be most appropriate.)

So (pretending you have no knowledge of my recent drinking exploits) as it was a weekend break I didn't feel too bad about the 2 whole bottles of wine I got through on Friday night, nor the number of vodkas I drank last night - until we got the bill this morning. Only one thing to say - ooops!

Spent all Saturday morning alternating between the sauna and the jacuzzi trying to sweat the wine out and soothe the poor old head. What is it with jacuzzis, aren't they supposed to be sexy or something? Nothing sexy about my flab wobbling around in one that's for sure. Nevertheless, I had a great time, I always do, and, all being well, will be going back next year.

But, Blackpool is still a complete shit-tip. I tried to buy myself something and I kid you not when I say the only decent shop I could find was Next, but it must be the tiniest branch there is and with all 8 of us in there it was too bloody crowded to see anything. I went to M&S (no that is not a decent shop) too and bought myself a bag of mixed nuts. Boy do I know how to live.

The only thing I did see which I really, really, really, really liked was a solitaire diamond ring for £45,000.

If someone would like to surprise me for Christmas I'm more than willing to pass my address on.


|

2 Comments:

At 4:08 am, Blogger Elspeth said...

Darn if only you had said yesterday BEFORE i went shopping, never mind if I get one out of the cracker Ill send it to you :)

 
At 9:54 am, Blogger kissme said...

Thanks Elspeth, you must buy those really super duper luxury crackers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home