39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Wot's chores?

Well, I gave it my best shot today. I started writing my Christmas cards, got to my first name under 'C' and thought that I really should write a letter to let my friend know what had been happening over the year. Stuff that for a game of soldiers, so I rang her and an hour and a half later hung up and wrote her card and the rest of the C/D lot (all 3 of them.)

A few thousands cups of coffee and cigarettes later and I thought I better write some more. So...... I sat down to continue.

And then I remembered. There was something quite sticky and revolting in the fridge that had been there for quite a while despite Jonathan saying he had removed the offending article. I was getting mighty sick of everything being covered in this brownish stuff and having to peel things off each other and the side of the fridge. So it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, I should do something about it.

So I cleaned the fridge out. Properly, mind you. None of this half-hearted throwing one out-of- date item away. I even threw a green pepper away that still had a good quarter of firm green skin and no mould whatsoever. I had to wash all the jars, and packets. Its quite a weird thing washing a tub of butter really.

Took me bloody ages, but I discovered the source of this brown sticky stuff. It was a bottle of leaking lime juice - I knew I should have kept making those tequila based cocktails beginning with M (sorry Steve, forgot how to spell them again) until all the lime juice was used up.

I hate domestic chores, I was made for better things obviously and I will do almost anything to avoid them - except writing Christmas cards, of course.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home