39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Better than nothing

Well I did M&S today, and it really does seem as though some law has been passed forbidding the sale of nice black skirts.

But then, when I'd given up all hope, I cut through the Next clearance shop and, bugger me sideways, I found several. I selected two in vastly different length. Modelled them for Jonathan and Theo when I got home. They hated the longer one but both liked the short pleated one that barely covers my arse.

So, the sad old bugger poncing round Leeds in a far too short skirt will be me.

|

2 Comments:

At 1:52 am, Blogger Elspeth said...

I once got a skirt from Next Clearance - I adored it! Wore it for years, was my favourite one till eventually it started to wear out.

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger steve said...

I'm still looking for a decent skirt that I actually like ... I've even looked in Debenhams and (sharp intake of breath) BEATTIES! I'm starting to look so scruffy in my furry pin stripe suit I keep expecting my P45 to land on my desk along with a note saying "You're giving the company a bad name, go away."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home