39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Keeping my hand in

I don't feel I've got anything exciting to blog about at the moment - not that I ever do, but my mind just isn't working very well.

I've done a bit of half-hearted Christmas shopping, but I really can't be arsed.
My mum told me what she wanted for Christmas then decided it was too expensive, but I was just so grateful to have some idea I have insisted we will get it for her. Just everyone else to worry about then......

Then, to make things really difficult for me, it was my friend's 40th birthday yesterday so I had to get her a gift. As if I didn't have enough present buying on my plate at this time of year.

We've spent 5 days working on a letter to our solicitor. We're arguing that much about it you would almost think we're on different sides.

We went out with some friends for a Mexican the other night, I drank rather too many (tequila based, begins with an M, but no idea how to spell it) cocktails, felt great that night but rather thick-headed the next day

Jonathan has now decided that Theo shouldn't get anything for Christmas because of all the money the solicitor is going to cost. I say he's a 12 year old kid who can't see the relationship between the two things, he says he should know better.

I'm all for people taking responsibility for their actions (and it would be really nice if my old man did just that too) but I really don't think Theo will make the connection between large legal bill and no Christmas present for him. Yes he should do as we tell him, but he is punished for that there and then. Or am I just too soft on him?

Oh, I'm all confused and rambling.


|

5 Comments:

At 2:53 pm, Blogger zoe said...

does theo use the computer a lot ? i often use that as a punishment here as my kids would die without computer (well, MSN) access. if not, TV ? i agree that christmas is different, and it doesn't appear to be theo's fault, but he is the one putting you and jonathan through a lot of stress.

what does theo really enjoy doing ? (apart from smoking - heh.)

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger kissme said...

The only things he seems to enjoy are hanging around with his 'friends' and beating up Ysabella.

That's why he seems to be permanently grounded - which makes it hard to understand when he managed to fot all these alleged incidents in.

When we went away on our holidays we worked out he had had about 4 days of freedom in the school holidays in the odd day here and there when he wasn't grounded.

 
At 11:54 am, Blogger steve said...

margarita
A cocktail made with tequila, an orange-flavored liqueur, and lemon or lime juice, often served with salt encrusted on the rim of the glass.

your son bless him is just a lad don't leave him without at Christmas,
even if he did wrong he is growing up he has to learn.

there are other ways to chastise him and if he has done wrong and continues then beat him within an inch of his life but not at Christmas

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger kissme said...

Steve, I wouldn't dream of leaving him out at Christmas. I spend the same on both my kids to the nearest pound. Its something I feel very strongly about.

Triple sec! Once spent a great evening trying to work out the optimum proportions for a margarita with a friend, but no cocktail book to refer to, he wimped out after several so I had to continue the good work all by myself.

 
At 1:51 am, Blogger Elspeth said...

I agree Christmas is special - I really must do some shopping for it tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home