39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bloody good job

I never realised how traumatic soft furnishings can be. My friend, Marie, makes curtains (sorry, drapes) and all other sorts of soft furnishings, and she is extremely talented and a perfectionist. If anyone is in the market for soft furnishings and are really stuck, ask Marie, she's brilliant.

She has done my curtains for the living room and I want pelmets too because I have a real issue with that bit of wall that lurks below the curtain rail when the curtains are open. She had done a proper professional sketch of how she envisaged my pelmet after I told her what I wanted and it was absolutely spot on. So today we went to get the stuff to make it. Bollocks to buggery, they didn't have the right colour plain fabric for my curtains. The notion of using exacly the same fabric as my curtains and trying to do the maths to incorporate the large, geometric design in the fabric into the pelmet was simply getting too much for my non-domesticated brain. Truly, my head felt like it was going to explode.

Anyway, we went for lunch to discuss alternatives, it went like this....

Marie " Well, I could do this, or this or even that"
Me " Whatever you think will look ok, is ok by me"
Marie "Have you considered this"
Me "I really haven't a clue, you know more about this sort of thing"
Marie "Or I could do this with a bit of that"
Me "Do what the hell you like, as long as I don't see that stupid bit of wall, I really, truly don't give a shit"
Me "But no covered buttons"

(Fortunately Marie likes me, or at least did.)

Our new fire surround, that was supposed to be sorted out before Christmas (but was wrong,) came on Monday. It's now installed, looks lovely and I'm very pleased.

Jonathan has really cracked on. He's finished the wallpapering, and mostly finished the painting. And I think it's going to look very grown up when it's finished, if it ever is. He has done very well indeed.

And this is a bloody good job because I'm well pissed off with him and his big gob today.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home