39 plus vat

So very VERY boring, married (need rescuing by knight in shining armour with huge bank balance and tricky ticker) old woman with 2 kids (Theo aged 16 and Ysabella aged 13) and a barking mad, very OLD, husband - no improvement there. Collection of cats, dead gerbils and absolutely no goldfish whatsoever. Ask me anything else you want to know, and I might tell you.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Non-PC

I almost made it, and I was dying to tell you, so I sat down to blog at 11.30pm on Saturday night. Did the PC work, did it bollocks.

So I had a couple of Michelob Ultras to console myself. Otherwise I would have managed Saturday without alcohol. (As long as you don't count the couple of drinks I had after midnight on my Friday night out.)

But then it all went tits up.

A very pissed Paul rang to say he was in a taxi on his way home, but he'd call in for coffee - at 12.40am - like you do. So that was that really. We all started with a bottle of Mead, warmed with mulled wine spices (yum), I moved on to the Cointreau (quite sickly without ice) and finished up on the Southern Comfort, Jonathan and Paul had some dark rum and then Paul moved onto vodka. By the time I fell into bed at 4.00am you could say I was a little bit fresh.

Sunday I did pretty well really, just a couple of Michelobs (they're only teeny tiny bottles you know) and tonight Jonathan and I shared another bloody bottle of Mead. How I wish I'd never discovered the cheap stuff in the supermarket, it's so nice and warm and soothing. I must not buy anymore when we've finshed the one remaining bottle.

Theo will be a teenager on the 31st. I find that pretty scary, not quite as scary as the fact that he is taller than me already, looks down on me and calls me 'short stuff'. Little (?) sod. I'm now at eye level with some fluff on his top lip. Jonathan and I noticed by chance that the King's Hall in Ilkley had a 'Whole Lotta Led' Led Zepplin cover band playing last Saturday so we got tickets for Jonathan and Theo to go as a surprise for part of his birthday treat. He really loved it, loads of his school mates were there too. Phew - we did something right.

Today I sent a form to the Data Protection Office requesting any information the police have on record for Theo, as our lawyer still hasn't had any details of the incidents that precipitated the delivery of the ABC. I can't understand why they have been so reluctant to tell us. It's really pissing me off. I'm assuming that the local police and the bloke from the Anti Social Behaviour unit believe they are justified in issuing this to Theo, but why won't they tell us the incidents that prompted it?

So back to the waiting game again as it can take weeks before they get back to us. Ho hum.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home